Service call gets account discontinued and billing charges
Tuckengineer

So my internet stops working after a year or so.    I call tech support.   I'm on the phone about 2 hours.    Disconnecting and reconnecting everything without luck.   The agent sets up a service call.   I'm not told anything about being charged or I wouldn't have accepted it.    I get charged $100.   The issue I'm told was the wiring was incorrect.    I followed the online "technician" to the letter.   I'm a career Army engineer officer.    I understand following directions.   I called today to dispute the bill and the supervisor tells me Verizon won't waive the service call fee despite the cause for it being that I followed the online technicians directions.   I sent an email

out trying to get a real supervisor to reply and received nothing.    Tell me Verizon, is this a good customer service practice worth losing a dedicated customer. If so, I'll get a new service provider and spread the word of my experiences to an amazingly large audience of very attentive followers.  Let me know please.        

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Service call gets account discontinued and billing charges
jonjones1
Legend

@Tuckengineer wrote:

So my internet stops working after a year or so.    I call tech support.   I'm on the phone about 2 hours.    Disconnecting and reconnecting everything without luck.   The agent sets up a service call.   I'm not told anything about being charged or I wouldn't have accepted it.    I get charged $100.   The issue I'm told was the wiring was incorrect.    I followed the online "technician" to the letter.   I'm a career Army engineer officer.    I understand following directions.   I called today to dispute the bill and the supervisor tells me Verizon won't waive the service call fee despite the cause for it being that I followed the online technicians directions.   I sent an email

out trying to get a real supervisor to reply and received nothing.    Tell me Verizon, is this a good customer service practice worth losing a dedicated customer. If so, I'll get a new service provider and spread the word of my experiences to an amazingly large audience of very attentive followers.  Let me know please.        

First I would remove your personal email from your post. I removed it from my quote.

the problem is when you are charged for a service call it was because of an issue affecting your service. Was your service restored to a working state? If it was the charge would be valid. 

You can dispute it which is your right, however a call to 1-800-VERIZON may result in it being removed as a courtesy. But you have to be nice.

You can also post here https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

tell them the situation and be nice and this may work out for you.

your threats of saying this or posting that will not sway Verizon but it will get you no place with your issue.

Good Luck 

0 Likes
Re: Service call gets account discontinued and billing charges
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tuckengineer,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes