Setting ActionTec Router to Bridge Mode
FMB10507

Hi,

I moved into an old stone house.  Luckily it has fios and is wired with etehernet.

I have an Actiotec MI424 WR router and connected an ethernet switch to it.  In the individual rooms i have wireless points.  I currently have two wireless networks: the Actiontec's network, and my own.

I recently added FIOS TV and want to use my iPad as a remote (via the Fios App).  To do so I must be connected to the Fios Actiontec network (or have the same subnet).

It appears the best way to do this is to switch the Actiotec into bridge mode and plug the netgear switch into it?

Is this the best approach?  Will this let the app and the set top box be on the same subnet?

0 Likes
Re: Setting ActionTec Router to Bridge Mode
FMB10507

I should add that I have a Mac.  It may make a differnece for how i access the network.

0 Likes
FMB10507

Ok, I have more information.

I have an actiontec router in front of a netgear poe switct that drives 10 wireless access points.  those access points are manged by cloud software that generates ip addresses.

i am not sure there is anything i can do to get my access points to have the same ip address as my actiontec.

ugh

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure how to handle cloud software control.

But without that it is fairly simple.

Let the Actiontec be the DHCP server.

If you truly have access points, then they will just pass along data and let DHCP come from actiontec.
This will put all of the devices on the same subnet.

0 Likes