Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Setting up a wireless printer off FiOS router on a Mac

fablosso
Contributor
Contributor

Setting up a wireless printer off FiOS router on a Mac

Message 1 of 3
(12,056 Views)

I just got FiOS in my home and am trying to set up a wireless printer, accessible via Mac OS X (not Windows). The printer is connected to my FiOS wireless router's USB port.  I had this same setup with an Apple AirPort router, no problem.  But I'm unable to locate the printer with any of the various connect options (IP, AppleTalk, etc).  The router is a MI424WR.  I've tried to go through the configuration panel at http://192.169.1.1, but cannot locate anywhere that the USB connection can be configured/detected.  

Any help here would be hugely appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
akasjl
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Setting up a wireless printer off FiOS router on a Mac

Message 2 of 3
(12,026 Views)
I am pretty certain that the USB port is not functional on the router, from some posts I have read.  Of course, I could be wrong.  I have my printer hooked up to  an Airport Express and was able to have it join the network w/o problem.  
BrianMcD
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Setting up a wireless printer off FiOS router on a Mac

Message 3 of 3
(12,001 Views)

The USB Port on the AvtionTec is NOT active for Printers or External Hard Drives.

From the Verizon Manual:

USB Port
The USB port provides up to 5 VDC for attached devices (to charge a cell phone,
for example). In the future, with a firmware release upgrade, the USB host functionality
will be available for devices such as external storage and cameras.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title