Setting up my E3200 - cable disconnected
ctrlfreak

Having some issues setting this up.  Looking at my Network > Advanced > Full Details and noticed the "cable disconnected"

imageimage

0 Likes
Re: Setting up my E3200 - cable disconnected
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They should be just plug and play. There is nothing to set up. Is all the coax wiring in your house connected on a splitter. It looks like the coax you are connecting to isn't live.

0 Likes
ctrlfreak

I honestly don't know.  I just moved in a month 1/2 ago and we generally stream all our content.  Was not having any luck with the existing wifi router and wanted to extend the signal using Moca, since that's what was available/recommended by Verizon.  Is there something that needs to be flipped on somewhere?  Sorry for sounding ignorant, I haven't used this type of extender before. Do I need to call Verizon?  I have a scheduled call with them tomorrow at 1pm.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's ok. When you connect the coax to your G3100 router on the back there should be a MoCA LAN light. If that isn't on then it is likely the coax connected to the E3200 isn't connected wherever your coax originates from. This is different in all houses but will typically be located in a basement, utility room, or outside. Make sure all the coax is connected on a cable splitter. 

0 Likes