Several Latency problems.
KlassiK
Enthusiast - Level 3

First of all how can I get a replacement router? Are they free? I think mine is broken.

In my pc game BF2 I used to get a ping of 9-15 in a server based in Los Angeles CA. This was before all the problems with my internet occurred too. Now my ping is anywhere from 35- 300+ and spikes throughout the time playing. It never stays constant with a 3ms give or take. My speed tests show up weird too. I have the 10/2 fios internet and my speedtests show 9.88/1.80 I used to get 10.00+ before the problem and at least 1.92 with the ul. I did the new pingtest and my ping is 15ms and jitter is 0ms with no packets lost. Youtube videos are always buffering and have to switch from hd, or hq to make it work. I used the Verizon default DNS server and am now using the OpenDNS server and I can notice a slight increase on page loading. Speed tests are exactly the same though.

I try and restore my firmware... But it resets back to the current firmware. Whenever I restore it, it reboots and all and it stays for about 1 minutes before it reboots again and goes back to the current firmware. So the restore firmware does not work for me.

Another problem is with my PS3. Whenever I do the speedtest via PS3 I get errors with "This router does not support IP fragments." 😐 Whenever I try to join games like Little Big Planet I get disconnected. In games like Socom, BF1943, BFBC, and other shooters I shoot people and my bullets are not registering most of the time. I clearly have my crosshairs on them and shoot and nothing......... It was perfect before my problems with my internet.

What can I do? I used the TCP/IP thing and nothing helped.

0 Likes
Re: Several Latency problems.
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

Most games and gaming consoles only require that UPnP (Universal Plug-n-Play) be turned on.  Actiontec ships with UPnP ON, as the default but worth having a look.

On any computer that is connected to the Internet, type “http://192.168.1.1” in the web browser window and then press “Enter”.

Enter your “User Name” and “Password”.

Click the “Advanced” Icon, located on the right side of the top bar.

Click “Yes” to proceed

Click “Universal Plug and Play”, in the 2nd column near the bottom.

Make sure the box next to “Allow Other Network Users to Control Wireless Broadband Router’s Network Features” is checked. Then click “Apply”.

In the event a specific game requires port forwarding, please follow these instructions

Click the "Firewall Settings" icon, located on the middle of the top bar.

Click "Yes" to proceed.

Click "Port Forwarding", in the menu on the left

Click "Add", located in red near the bottom left corner

Select the device that you want to port forward from.

Click the drop down menu for Protocol and select the application that you are using and click "Apply".

0 Likes
Re: Several Latency problems.
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes