Re: Single Outbound Port issues - Too difficult for Verizon!
abhi_col
Contributor - Level 3

Hi madbeatz,

I looked at the traceroute and it shows you can reach the end ip. So the route from your ip to remote ip is good.

Can you have a traceroute from remote ip to your verizon wan ip performed? Ofcourse the last hop which is your ip will fail but all hops before that should be good.

0 Likes
madbeatz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Abhi_col

I have sent you the trace route via Private message. As you can see the trace route successfully hops to router (current IP Address)

Regards

0 Likes
madbeatz
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I now have a new router from Verizon and I am still experiencing the same issue!! Unable to connect with four different devices! So this probably rules out MAC address filtering from the UK ISP providers. Other Verizon users can connect to the UK location, just not me.. The mind boggles!

0 Likes
madbeatz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok so I have done a tracert from my USA home to the UK location and the resuklt is show below

C:\Users\Teedon>tracert gullyxxxxx.xx-xx.xxx

Tracing route to gullyxxxxx..xx-xx.xxx [149.xxx.xx.xx]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  Wireless_Broadband_Router.home [192.168.1.1]
  2     7 ms    11 ms     5 ms  L100.NWRKNJ-VFTTP-123.verizon-gni.net [108.35.4.
1]
  3     *     G0-13-3-1.NWRKNJ-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net [130.81.58.102]  reports:
Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Teedon>

As you can see it stops at hop 3. What does this mean? Does it forward look and then realise it is not able to reach the end destination so it stops there, or is it that the packets are not able to go any further aand stops at hop3?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Correct. After Hop 3, there could be a few things. Commonly, it's a problem with the routing table on that router or the previous router where it is unaware of where to send traffic to and as a result, drops it or shoots it down the wrong port. Also possible it's blocked traffic but unlikely. ICMP traceroutes send that specific error. Another likely issue is a circuit is down that the router uses to get to the next location, but something like that is less likely since it most likely will affect many other circuits.

You'll likely need someone high up in Verizon and also someone from the UK ISP to talk to each other to determine an issue and fix it, and it's not the first time this has happened. If you are able to get a trace from your UK connection to your Verizon connection, that should help to show the return path that would have normally been taken. If you can also get a copy of that, we should be able to pinpoint exactly where the breakdown is.

0 Likes
madbeatz
Enthusiast - Level 2

spoke with Verizon 1 st line support who advised me that there is no 2nd nor 3rd line. Have been told this on two different occasions which i still find it hard to believe. They do have a premium service but this is for issues on your personal equipment.. Antivirus removal etc.. Would love to get a 3 rd line involve if i knew how to as this issue requires that level of experience.

not able to ping or trace route at either direction as it times outs.  just to reiterate, i can ping and trace route from usa to other locations in Uk AND vice versa its just from this specfifc location i am having issues with.

Traceroute from uk to usa is shown below.

C:\Documents and Settings\media1>tracert  108.35.3.11

Tracing route to pool-108-35-3-11.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net [108.35.3.11]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     6 ms   100 ms    98 ms  O2wirelessbox.lan [192.168.1.254]
  2    98 ms    99 ms    99 ms  O2wirelessbox.lan [192.168.1.254]
  3    16 ms    16 ms    16 ms  O2-UK-8-1-0-GRTLONTC2.6.16.84.in-addr.arpa [84.1
6.6.234]
  4    16 ms    17 ms    16 ms  O2-UK-8-1-0-GRTLONTC2.6.16.84.in-addr.arpa [84.1
6.6.234]
  5    15 ms    15 ms    15 ms  XE7-1-1-0-GRTLONTC2.red.telefonica-wholesale.net
 [94.142.103.125]
  6    89 ms    88 ms    90 ms  Xe-3-1-0-0-grtnycpt2.red.telefonica-wholesale.ne
t [94.142.126.65]
  7    94 ms    94 ms   195 ms  Xe6-1-0-0-grtwaseq3.red.telefonica-wholesale.net
 [94.142.122.202]
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

C:\Documents and Settings\media1>

0 Likes
madbeatz
Enthusiast - Level 2

All,

this issue has now been resolved. I am waiting on feedback from UK ISP to determine what changes were implemented (if any) to restore normal activity so I have an understanding of this should it repeat in the future. I feel it is important to share this with the community incase someone experience a similar issue.

Will update and close this out once I get feedback

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

kind sounds like it was an out of date bogon filter.  

keep us in the loop

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Agreed on the BOGAN filter deal, if it wasn't a transit or routing table issue. The breakdown appears to have been occurring between Verizon and the transit provider between O2 and Verizon now that you have the trace handy, since the UK connection got as far as New York City.

Anyways, glad to hear it's fixed.

0 Likes