SiriusXM iOS App Not Working on FIOS
lmb1234

Anyone have problems with the SiriusXM iOS app not working on FIOS? I'm pretty sure the issue is with Verizon FIOS (it used to work before). Things I have tried to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Multiple iOS devices on home FIOS...not working

2. Prior version of SiriusXM app on home FIOS...not working

3. Rebooted router on home FIOS...not working

4. Web version of SiriusXM on home FIOS (computer)...working

5. Multiple iOS devices on other network/cell...working

6. Prior version of SiriusXM app on other network/cell...working

7. Multiple iOS devices on home FIOS internet access...working

8. SiriusXM app on A/V reciever on home FIOS...working

As you can see, I have pretty much narrowed it down to my home FIOS network (because it works off my home network), but it is only affecting the SiriusXM app on iOS devices. It used to work properly across these devices.

Anyway, anyone else have this problem? 

Not sure where to go from here except contact Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: SiriusXM iOS App Not Working on FIOS
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Are these devices hard wired or wireless?

0 Likes
lmb1234

iOS devices wireless (no hard wire is possible, consists of 2 iphone 4, 2 iphone 5, 2 ipod touches)

other computers & a/v reciever wireless

all devices and computers can connect to internet with no other restrictions that I can find.

I also have two routers (Verizon Actiontec with G, DNS server and Airport Extreme with N, bridge mode) connecting to either wireless network doesn't matter. I also have had both routers for a while now (even before the issue appear).

It really seems like FIOS is blocking the SiriusXM traffic on iOS for some reason. (other internet radio services, like Pandora work fine.) I can't find anything on the Actiontec that would be set incorrectly. I also don't know what ports SiriusXM would use...but I am also guessing that it is the same ports for iOS app and web app and the web app works just fine.

Again, I can take any iOS device off my home FIOS network onto another network and it works just fine. I guess I need to find someone else with FIOS (to confirm the issue)

0 Likes
acadia1

I have exactly the same issue. I assume there must be a firewall preventing this app to connect to SiriusXM servers for audio streaming.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over eight years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes