Re: Slow connection, Central NJ (August, 2011)
BelTelMel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem here in Union, N.J. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rupok93
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes same problem here in jersey city, NJ. Last night it was so slow that even forums weren't loading, now in the morning its a bit better but didn't test if it was fixed. Buffering on many websites freezes the video every 2 seconds, websites don't even usually load unless i keep refreshing.

G-S
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem in Cedar Grove (Essex County).

At least I hope this is a Verizon problem and not a computer problem.

This weekend wa a mess.

I've had connection.  But pages would only intermittently load.

I thought maybe I had a virus on my laptop.

So I ran program after program after program with nary a virus.  I couldn't update malwarebytes to the newest verion(out of date by 8 days) because it would not download.

I tried updating my Firefox...but I couldn't download the new version.

So I HOPE HOPE HOPE it's not on my end.  Will check when I get home tonight. 

rjdevil
Enthusiast - Level 1

i also have the same problem here in bergen county, nj hope this gets fixed soon, i get less than half the speed than i had a few days ago, whats going on?

ebanzuela
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm back to normal here in Jersey City NJ.  I guess they fixed that issue in Newark.  Thanks for keeping us posted.

G-S
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ebanzuela wrote:

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Smiley Very Happy

sweh1
Enthusiast - Level 2
So far, today, it's been good... but historically this has also been the pattern; weekdays the slowdown doesn't start until later after everyone gets home from work and jumps on their torrents 🙂
G-S
Enthusiast - Level 3

My situtation didn't improve much last night.  Internet was a bit faster(if you can call it that), but still problematic.  Andnow the TV was having numerous problems.  Box was slow in response and would sometimes freeze.  On Deman was ppor with poor picture quality.  And suddenly the programming information all disappeared.  It say "Please wait" on the guide for each channel and program.  Nothing would happen.

So I called support last night and waited on hold for about 30 minutes for a rep.  Someone came on.  He said NNJ was experiencing some problems but did not elaborate.  Proceeded to have me reset this, unplug that, etc, etc, etc.  He couldn't connect to my router after numerous tries.  He decided that was my problem and ordered a new router be shipped to me for tomorrow.

So......is that my problem?  Maybe. I hope this does the trick.

We'll see.

redwing497
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think it's your problem at all.  Same thing is happening to me in Montclair, NJ.  A new router is on its way but I HIGHLY doubt that is the problem.  I ran perfectly fine for 6 months since I got FiOS and now it just won't run right at all, especially during peak hours.  Traceroutes were slow with various time outs and online gaming is downright awful.  I know it's not a terribly accurate test, but when I play Call of Duty with my friend who lives 5 mins away with comcast, we always had the same connection to whoever was hosting (4 bars)  It ran fine.  Now, I ALWAYS have a 3 bar connection while everyone else in the room, including my friend, has a 4 bar connection.  Needless to say it's a frustrating thing, espcially when it worked so well before.  My 25/25 service was churning out 1 mb/s down and 9 mb/s up at one point.  Totally unacceptable.

My ping times at peak hours used to ALWAYS be <20, now I'm lucky if I get <60.  I am also DMZ hosting my Xbox so no firewalls are having an effect.  I reboot the ONT, router, factory reset router....you name it.  I have no doubt it is an issue of Verizon's end.  Of course, I'll get the new router and will have the same problems.

I was gaming on Comcast for YEARS before I moved and yes, I know cable slows during peak hours, but I NEVER had this problem.  If this issue isn't resovled by the end of this week, bye bye FiOS.  Not putting up with this at all.

I really hope there's a solution besides just waiting for Verizon to realize there is a problem with their network.

Not applicable

Yesterday, it wasn't terrible, but today it's back to being terrible.

I guess we'll just keep the thread bumped with complaints until Verizon responds.