slow connection with westell 9100Em router...
dada1921
Enthusiast - Level 2

i decided to make my own thread and mayb a tech support will see it and solve my problems or anybody that know why this happens and can help me with this.

1. my first problem is my speed, i never get what i paid for which is 20/5 and i know u wont always get your max speed but atleast close to it. the only time i get close to that speed is when i reset or reboot my router which is a hassel to do everytime i get on internet or when i call tech support to reset my ONT which is also a hassel to do everytime i get on the internet.

they tried to resolve it by saying its the router but i just got a replacement router yesterday, which is also a westell 9100EM router and still the same problem. if its not consistent with the speed, i will call tech support again but so far its not, its down to 5/1 and even 2/0.8.

2.my ping is really high, 500ms average and the max today was around 900ms and that i know its really bad when i know its suppose to be less than 100ms or even less than 50ms. so with this high ping, i cant play online on my 360 b/c the connection to each player is really bad with that high ping. my bullets for call of duty 4 modern combat is really laggy, so bad it lags for about a second or two which makes u a dead duck when you are out in the open.

if anyone can help me with this problem, i will appreciate your efforts.

0 Likes
Re: slow connection with westell 9100Em router...
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

If you send me a private message with your account info, I will look into your service and get this resolved for you. 

0 Likes
dada1921
Enthusiast - Level 2

my bad...it didnt get solved yet. i thought that solution button was the solution so i pressed it...im new to the forum...

i sent my acct name n phone number via private message...thx for your help brian.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus
It's unsolved again, dada. Anytime you need help with something like that, feel free to message me.
0 Likes
dada1921
Enthusiast - Level 2
ths elizabeth...will do next time.
0 Likes