Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Slow Connection

BobandNan
Contributor
Contributor

Slow Connection

Message 1 of 2
(408 Views)
I have three users on my Dell computer using Microsoft XP and one user has a very slow connection to the internet after clicking the Internet Explorer icon (IE8) on the desktop and then once in our Yahoo email account, the response is very slow and many times the system freezes. The nother two users don't experience such issues. I ran Verizon diagnostics and the upload and down speeds are 26.62 and 30.76 MSP, respectively. Not sure what's going on.
1 REPLY 1
walt178
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Re: Slow Connection

Message 2 of 2
(399 Views)

@BobandNan wrote:
I have three users on my Dell computer using Microsoft XP and one user has a very slow connection to the internet after clicking the Internet Explorer icon (IE8) on the desktop and then once in our Yahoo email account, the response is very slow and many times the system freezes. The nother two users don't experience such issues. I ran Verizon diagnostics and the upload and down speeds are 26.62 and 30.76 MSP, respectively. Not sure what's going on.

If you have 3 users on the same computer, and only one of them has a problem, that user is running something  that is using up your computer's resources that isn't running when the other 2 users. If you have separate user accounts, try creating a new account for the user that has the problem. If everyone is using the same account, start with a clean boot, then observe everything each user does from startup.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title