Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload speed for 300/300
Brooklyn5201314

It's now more than a week. I've spoke to 3 different technicians over the phone and had one come to my house to take a look. The technician even switched both the ONT box and router and I'm still getting this ridiculously slow download speed, but normal upload speed. Is anyone else having this issue? The technician claimed he had escalated to tier 2, and hopefully this should get fix this morning. But I'm still getting the same results.

6Mbps download, 322 Mbps upload - Router

6Mbps download, 367 Mbps upload - Device

Update: This is wired btw CAT6 E cables.

0 Likes
Re: Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload speed for 300/300
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums!  You're talking mostly with other users here.

The router speed test shows this is an issue with one of the following:

• Router
  • Ethernet cable between the ONT and router
  • ONT
  • Something in Verizon's network

Given your description, my guess is the issue is in the network.  However, if you haven't tried a different Ethernet cable, now is time.  Just to rule out the obvious.

For Verizon issues, you need to keep working with them.  If the current ticket isn't getting the attention you need, you can try reaching out to their social media support team by tweeting @verizonsupport or finding their facebook page.  Sometimes they can get things moving better than the regular support reps.

0 Likes
Brooklyn5201314

Thank you! Appreciate the response. 

Yeah I know I would be talking mostly with other users, but I was curious if anyone else is having this issue.

I've tried different E cables already with no luck. At this point I think it's the wiring outside or the Verizon HQ.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

This looks like a PON issue. Your local Central Office would need to dispatch line tech(s) to check the PON circuit your line is on. Let me see what I can do for you.

0 Likes
josepne3
Enthusiast - Level 1

this is temporary issue if your wiring diagram is correct.

0 Likes