Slow Download Speeds After Upgrade to 150/150
clockmac297

Just noticed the same thing. Upgraded to 150 /150 a few days ago and download right now is barely over 30 but upload is still around 150?????? So what is going on besides snow and freezing rain here in SE PA. Just checked speed again download is now about 10 but upload speed is still near 150. WHATS UP ????????

0 Likes
Re: Slow Download Speeds After Upgrade to 150/150
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

check your speed by going to speedtest.verizon.net.

If that matches your paid for speed, then it is not your local connection.

But if you don't get 150, then you can go to Verizon and say there is something wrong within their network.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CRobGauth wrote:

check your speed by going to speedtest.verizon.net.

If that matches your paid for speed, then it is not your local connection.

But if you don't get 150, then you can go to Verizon and say there is something wrong within their network.

No necessarily so, could be a nic/machine issue.

I have 2 machines on different ECS mobos, both having built in Realtek 8111e nics.  On a 75/75 setup they both consistently get 85 down however the upload speed on both is bad.  This morning they are getting 5 down, Saturday was better at 26 down.  Other machines on the network consistently get 85/92.

I assumed it was a nic issue and added Intel pro/1000 pt server nics which improved the down speed a little, up to 25-30 down.  I'm now assuming that it's some kind of mobo issue but I don't know what.  Also changed the gateway router and that made no difference either.

Sean3040-2
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you upgraded to 150/150 you should have had a tech visit

It is one of two things you need a need modem (Gen 3 or above), which is The FiOS Advanced WiFi router (red) or Quatum Gateway which is black

The other thing you might need is a new ONT

Call tech support and see which one you need, and then have a tech come out, if an ONT is needed, if router is needed have it shipped to you.

If you don't want to set it up and or don't feel comfortable, have customer service set it up in order to avoid $91 labor charge if you don't have $7.99/$8.99 inside wiring plan

0 Likes