Re: Slow FiOS internet speeds
RafaelDB
Enthusiast - Level 2

is not matter of router, The problem is at their central location probably they just oversold by 1000 the bandwithd they had and now are not capable of supplying 5/6 of their customer with the promises speed.     I have the same problem. 

they came with the same {word filter avoidance} that nobody else had reported that problem in my area,  Thanks god i live in a gated community and went to each house where i saw one or 2 of verizon ONT and asked for their services,  some of them asked if i worked for time warner, i said nope I'm just and unsatisfied customer who has been paying for more than a year and had never recieved the product that i pay for.    

I dont know in the afternoon since i'm not home but at night my speed is 2 megabit download when i'm lucky and 15 ulpload.

by the way i'm paying for 50/20

the case is that they were caliming that nobody was reporting this until i went to each house and collected signature Name and account number and when they told me that i gave them about 15 people name with address and accouunt number, by the way each one of them had the same sheet so they would not get {word filter avoidance} if they called by themself.

No they changed the history.  There is a problem in your area but we dont have a estimated time for this resolution.    From verizon Rep "This could be solved somewhere in the future"  

I called the channel, and they will handle this on the news. 

Let see how they hide it now.     

also opened ad FCC claim and a BBB one also

0 Likes
RafaelDB
Enthusiast - Level 2

@KSal wrote:

I called tech support tonight to talk about extremely slow connection speeds.  This has been a distinct problem for the past three weeks, but the techie blamed it on the fact that my computer is not in "line of sight" with the router.  It wasn't three weeks ago, either, and it worked fine then.  And using the Verizon speed test, I had D/U numbers last night of 21/26, 18/16 this morning (Saturday), and 8/1.3 this evening!  Yes I have the privilege of paying an extra $45 per month so-called Quantum 50/25 service.

His bottom line suggestion was that I buy an extender.  I think a better answer will be that I call the local govt. consumer affairs office on Monday.

And he used speedtest.net, by the way.  He said that he didn't trust Verizon's tester...

K

Thank you for this idea i'm calling tomorrow morning.

0 Likes
RafaelDB
Enthusiast - Level 2

@KSal wrote:

I called tech support tonight to talk about extremely slow connection speeds.  This has been a distinct problem for the past three weeks, but the techie blamed it on the fact that my computer is not in "line of sight" with the router.  It wasn't three weeks ago, either, and it worked fine then.  And using the Verizon speed test, I had D/U numbers last night of 21/26, 18/16 this morning (Saturday), and 8/1.3 this evening!  Yes I have the privilege of paying an extra $45 per month so-called Quantum 50/25 service.

His bottom line suggestion was that I buy an extender.  I think a better answer will be that I call the local govt. consumer affairs office on Monday.

And he used speedtest.net, by the way.  He said that he didn't trust Verizon's tester...

K

Also call your local news channels the nearest one, they will be happy to handle this issue.

0 Likes
db909
Contributor - Level 3

@RafaelDB wrote:

@KSal wrote:

K

speedtest.net, speakeasy.net, the verizon site, they are generally all about the same.  Use at least 3 to be sure as it depends upon where you are, the nearest server, and how busy it is.  Also try different servers.  I have seen terrible speedtest.net results in Dallas, solely due to server overload, so I would suspect the FIOS techs here say do not trust speedtest.net.

0 Likes
MoreMonyForWhat

I have to agree with your post and trying to contact Verizon with an email is bothersome. I have not upgraded to quantum becausse I already have 25/25 Internet. When I first received got this it was working very well. Since quantum has been offered. my connection has suffered drastically especially where NetFlix is concerned (link speed most times is in the single digit connection) and resulting in glitchy performance. SO I tested my internet connection with FiOS over the past several months (6 months at my last count) using different servers and different network testing sites and software. My results are that I do get (for the most part) the 25Mbps download. However, my upload speed has rarely been above 16Mbps. This is my issue. I want to email Verizon but there doesn't seem to be that option and staying on the phone  or dealing with the online agent has resulted in the same dialog that was posted. I want answers not excuses.

0 Likes