Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

Slow fios wireless

guyj
Contributor
Contributor

Slow fios wireless

Message 1 of 2
(645 Views)

I have fios through a Actiontec M1424-WR router in my home. I use a Sony DVD player to access movies from the wireless connection. The signal is weak and the transfer rates are slow, repeatedly stopping the movies to let the download catch up. I do not want to run wires through the house. Will a Amped Wireless High Power 1000mW Wi-Fi Signal Booster (SB1000) or other device boost both the signal and the data transfer rate or is something else restricting the data transfer rate?

1 REPLY 1
Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Slow fios wireless

Message 2 of 2
(621 Views)

Wireless is Wireless and even with a signal booster it may still not be all that great.

When I bought a signal booster, it was an improvement, but not a perfect solution. 

Instead of buying that, you can go to ebay and buy a second actiontec (you or a friend might even have a second one lying around) and you could hook it up to the bluray player to get a hard wired connection.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title