Slow Gigabit Internet Problem
hdtv4me
Enthusiast - Level 1

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I had 300/300Mbps and was very happy.  Then Verizon offered me Gigabit service for $70 less per month.  How could I say no to that?

I immediately noticed sporadic performance from device to device (laptops, iPhones, iPads, etc.).  The Verizon speed test sporadically shows 950/950 to the router but sometimes times out and fails altogether.  The device test is absurd showing results in the 120Mbps range at times...and others timing out.  You can visibily see the speed test take off then very long pauses, which pulls down the avg speed.  And yes, many of the tests were run direct connected to the router wired via GigeE port on a couple of different laptops.

So I convinced Fios to roll a truck and a very nice tech came out and spent 4 hours at my house.  His findings?  Exactly the same as mine.  He ran tests direct connected to the ONT and the tests were failing and showing 125Mbps.  He saw the same sporadic performance with the router tests.  He spent an hour or so on the phone with phone support (apparently not level II though...only his supervisor is allowed access to level II techs).   He even had me reprovisioned back to 300/300 to see if that would get me back to where I was....it didn't.   So he left me his cell and told me he'd have his supervisor escalate the matter because he could clearly see the problem, was able to replicate it, and felt bad that the performance was so bad.  

That said, I never heard from his supervisor and he closed the ticket out.  I ended up calling him and he did in fact get his boss to call me but his boss stuck to the party line - only the router test matters.  No escalation. The ticket is closed as far as they are concerned. 

So Verizon.....what gives?   You broke my perfectly working 300/300 service, sent a tech out to find the performance to be exactly as I'm claiming (read:  very poor) and are now digging in that your stupid router test proves that my service is just fine.

My two year contract just ended last week.   I guess I need to speak the only language this company understands - canceling my service.  I've had since they first rolled it out.  When it works, I love it.   When I have a problem, Verizon is an absolute nightmare to deal with. 

Re: Slow Gigabit Internet Problem
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hdtv4me,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes