Slow gigabit to device
SaulGoodMan

So I recently got FIOS gigabit, my speed test at the Verizon speed test website shows about 935 down 940 up from router to Verizon, my device speeds are about 400 down ALWAYS 900+ up.  I have a i7-9700k 32GB ram, 1080ti, with 1gbps network card but I can almost NEVER get over 500mpbs down on the speed test.  I am running Ethernet cat6 and have tried multiple cables and I have tried speed tests with no other devices connected at all to my router wifi or Ethernet. I am about to just downgrade to the slower plan if I can't actually get the speeds I am paying for is there a setting I can check in my PC to see if I can increase my speed?  I am using the 3100 router also.   Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Re: Slow gigabit to device
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

It looks like your computer is having issues with the download side. My computer's CPU maximizes out when pulling 400Mbps+, but still lingers around 70% when uploading 950Mbps. I doubt you will need 950Mbps+ down on one device besides occasionally downloading large files. I test the speed using three devices simultaneously and add the numbers together to get the total download speed.

0 Likes