Slow Internet ... all of a sudden?
Beauchamp00

Well, like most people, when I signed up with Verizon, I bought the ''fastest internet.''   It was fine for a while, but around September, we decided to upgrade our channel package - and our internet to the new ''fastest internet'' which I believe was the 25/25.  We had my whole family over on Christmas (everyone hooked to my wifi) with no issue. 

Now we're in February and all of sudden it takes up to 5 minutes to load a show on Netflix (played through our roku).  I called customer service and they persuaded me to upgrade to the 50/50.  Of course the slow internet is still an issue.  We disconnect all computers and our Verizon wireless phones to try and get our streaming speed up to par.. still no luck.  My bundled deal is costing us almost $200 (that’s with the reduced channel package and upgraded internet speed), and I'm feeling so incredibly ripped off.  For that kind of money,  I should be streaming with no problem.  Can't wait to get out of contract.  I'm just trying to understand what changed. 

0 Likes
Re: Slow Internet ... all of a sudden?
Not applicable

is this all the time or just during latenights 8pm-12am? because verizon is having some huge issues with congestion at those times as of august 14'

0 Likes
Re: Slow Internet ... all of a sudden?
meisterMD

You are not alone.

See here: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Extreme-drop-in-download-speed-every-night-10PM-11PM/td-p...

The fact that they convinced you that 25 Mbps is not enough for a couple tablets streaming simultaneously is probably exactly what they want.

0 Likes