Slow Uploadspeeds- Continuing
Technopoptart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I am on the 75/75 fios plan and some days its great some days its not. Download remains great! However upload is terrible. I have tried touble shooting with the self service on the site. I have contacted and done the live chat support. The self service has me reset , restart, speed test the usual rigamaroll. And I would get barely above 10 to 15 Upload Speeds. 

I have contacted live support and sat in an instant message conversation with tech who asked me:

"Are you sure you ever experienced upload above 25 before on your service?" which i kind felt kind of insulted, as it was if he didnt believe me..not to mention if i am paying for 75 and only getting 25 thast a WHOLE new issue there. When I explained yes I was then asked if it was okay to remote assist where the tech then did the same reset wait reconnect poked a few things in my router settings, then went to the speedtest on Verizon and got barely above 19. They fiddled around a few more times with the speed test with varying results some slightly higher, a few wayyyy lower. Then suddenly disconnected  from remote assistance, and thanked me for my time in the Verizon live chat and closed /ended the conversation. Then nothing...no correspondance after...as if that was magically to solve the problem that 19 is completely equal to 75.

I have a roommate who does a lot of twitch and streaming. His lively hood is based on this. He has changed his schedule to stream durring the day thinking it would relieve the stress of "peak hours" issues. NOT THE CASE. The Uploadspeed changes and fluctuates so much its a roulette for him to figure out when he can do his job, which now has him researching and thinking our upload is getting "capped" or "throttled" as he likes to throw out a quiet a bit. I have run the fios speed test on my system and he has run one his using that speedtest.net thing and we usually get the same low numbers so we know its not our systems or connections. We have even tried with me not on my system at all and his computer the only device active and still low.

I am tired of calling or trying to get assistance and being told "restart" "reset" or completely disconnecting which in a sense is saying "deal with it". I am paying quite a bit for a service, and I am only getting to use half of it...or it gets fixed for 3-4 days then goes right back.

Completely out of options!! Help!

0 Likes
Re: Slow Uploadspeeds- Continuing
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Technopoptart,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes