sony bravia internet
ilpak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, for almost a year i was geting videos on my tv using dongle(wifi adapter for sony). Few days ago it stopped. TV can't get signal from a router any more. I tried to reset, new setup. Nothing works. If anyone has similar problem.

Thanks 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: sony bravia internet
ilpak
Enthusiast - Level 3

the problem was sony wifi adapter(dongle) which worked only for 1y and 1m. and warranty only for 1 year. no more dongles for me. i have an extra netgear router. i'll try hardwire this router to tv and send signal from fios router to netgear. just don't know how to do this yet

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Have you tried the obvious things such as rebooting the router and power cycling the TV?

Do you have other wireless devices that can connect to the router?

0 Likes
ilpak
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes i did power reset on sony tv, reset router, even reset television to the original factory settings. nothing works. start changing channelson a router and whatever logos i had on my tv for varios videos they are disappeared

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the TV able to pick up signals from other Wireless networks? Need to see if perhaps the Wireless Dongle stopped working all together.

ilpak
Enthusiast - Level 3

i could see other networks just few days ago, but not any more. though after i did reset tv to factory setting i could see my network but after setup it disapeared.  status for wireless device (dongle) is ok

thanks

0 Likes
ilpak
Enthusiast - Level 3

the problem was sony wifi adapter(dongle) which worked only for 1y and 1m. and warranty only for 1 year. no more dongles for me. i have an extra netgear router. i'll try hardwire this router to tv and send signal from fios router to netgear. just don't know how to do this yet

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ilpak wrote:

You can do this if the Netgear supports WDS. Log into the Netgear (usually the information is printed on the bottom of the router) and see if you can use WDS in Client Bridged mode and set up the Netgear as a bridge.

0 Likes