Sort of on your own with Verizon
Trying2likeV

I do not believe I have ever been so frustrated with a company/vendor than I have been 3 times within the last month with Verizon. Way too much time spent on chat and attempting to speak to a live person. First was simply to get a replacement for a "new" set top box that the display only partially worked once I had installed it. The process to obtain a new unit was very painful through the chat process and even when I think I was chatting with a person, it took half an hour to get a replacement ordered. Too many back and forth chat messages for something I stated clearly at the beginning. The second event was that I ordered a new router and extender. The documentation and online set up did not show the router that Verizon sent me so I was pretty much on my own. Then the extender would not connect to the router. I did the online automated process and tried for a good hour to get it to work. so, I made the phone call to get help. What a mistake! an EXTREME amount of time spent with an automated process, same and the automated chat sessions. After finally getting a "technician" to speak to, I could not understand him. Very evident that English is neither a first or second language skill. He also provided me misinformation and then passed me off to someone else and that conversation took too many minutes until the person said he needed to transfer me to someone that could help me. I think I ended up speaking with another technician and basically, he set up an appointment to have a technician come to my home. Everyone I spoke to tried to help but they were not skilled enough to do so. The tech that came to my home went through the troubleshooting process and determined the coax that the extender was connected to was not working. HOWEVER the new extender was replacing a previous Verizon extender and it worked but the new one did not. All in all best estimate was 4+ hours spent on 2 issues and that doesn't include my personal troubleshooting time. Oh, one more, the mobile service in our whole neighborhood is pretty much non-existent. Verizon likes to send you text messages but unless I'm on my WiFi, my response fails...because I have ZERO bars. So basically I can use the Verizon TV but I pay for much more. Verizon, you may think you are taking care of your customers, but you have cut to many corners and the customer experience is dismal!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sort of on your own with Verizon
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Two questions to get the ball rolling....

Which model router did Verizon send?

Which model extender was sent?

When connecting via coaxial cable, Verizon's G3100 router and E3200 extender should utilize MoCA 2.0 (or higher rated) coaxial cable splitters. It is recommended that older splitters be replaced.

(100% optional)....

When working on existing coaxial cable runs, I like to suggest checking connectors to tighten up any that may have become loose over time and re-terminate connectors that were poorly made. Also, if splitter ports are found to be wide open, either replace the splitter with one with fewer ports, or screw on a 75 ohm terminator cap.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Two questions to get the ball rolling....

Which model router did Verizon send?

Which model extender was sent?

When connecting via coaxial cable, Verizon's G3100 router and E3200 extender should utilize MoCA 2.0 (or higher rated) coaxial cable splitters. It is recommended that older splitters be replaced.

(100% optional)....

When working on existing coaxial cable runs, I like to suggest checking connectors to tighten up any that may have become loose over time and re-terminate connectors that were poorly made. Also, if splitter ports are found to be wide open, either replace the splitter with one with fewer ports, or screw on a 75 ohm terminator cap.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes