Speed Direct from the ONT is Only 90 Mbps
Davidmp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Running into network issues and the speed direct from the ONT is only 90 Mbps. More than 10 times slower than it should be!  They thought it was the router due to Red Globe on it and no network indication on the ONT but when directly connecting to ONT with a notebook I have internet but really slow no matter the RJ45 cable used.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Speed Direct from the ONT is Only 90 Mbps
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good to read that the trouble has been resolved. Ethernet cabling is preferred for connecting up routers & extenders as it can go full bore Gig & higher.  🙂  

I'm going backwards as it pertains to how I connect my computers to the Internet. A wired connection will give you faster speeds compared to WIFI.  I subscribe to 400 but my test results when my devices are connected to my 3200 via Ethernet yield around 525 down 560 up.  😁

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are there any alarms on the ONT? Has the ONT been reset/rebooted? Do any other devices (smartphone) duplicate the low speed?

If the test cables are known to be good and multiple devices experience slow speeds either WIFI or ethernet, I would open a ticket for a Verizon technician to DPO to test using their equipment, isolate and resolve in conjunction with CO technicians if needed.

Davidmp
Enthusiast - Level 3

This Post can be deleted as our ONT, G1100, and Extenders were replaced. I would have done so but not sure how to.  Thanks

0 Likes
Davidmp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, dexman.  Everything was removed and replaced. 

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good to read that the trouble has been resolved. Ethernet cabling is preferred for connecting up routers & extenders as it can go full bore Gig & higher.  🙂  

I'm going backwards as it pertains to how I connect my computers to the Internet. A wired connection will give you faster speeds compared to WIFI.  I subscribe to 400 but my test results when my devices are connected to my 3200 via Ethernet yield around 525 down 560 up.  😁