Speed Issues With Quantum
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

ive been on the 150/65 plan for a few months now and havnt had any issues besides weather related

well i thought this was another case i noticed a slow down during the time the snow storm hit

during peak hours im getting flaky speed on the download side my upload doesnt change

anywhere from 53/74 to 80/74 or even less at times

during off peak my speed seems to be fine

for all i know i had this problem before the storm but i only noticed it since

anyone else with this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Speed Issues With Quantum
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

just did a speed test in off peak

and its 155/74

compared to my last one during peak hours at 47/74

this is a drop of more then half my download speed during peak this is unacceptable

was fine for months not anymore

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're not the only one. Many folks have noticed some speed issues since the snow storm. It's likely something was damaged from the storm which does happen. Granted, it's also an interesting time too since Verizon has been having some backbone issues in New York City which also have problably compounded the issue.

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

they need to make an official comment on it so many people having problems some being told theres nothing going on verizons end well something is clearly going on

0 Likes
matt_g
Enthusiast - Level 3

iamloco,

There are many people having the same exact thing...I'm in the Dallas/Ft Worth, TX area and experiencing the same thing for about 2.5 weeks now. People in California and a ton in New York, especially since the storm, also reporting the same issue...peak hour download speeds drop significantly while uploads are unaffected. Doesn't seem to be specific to Quantum subscribers either. I'm at the lower tiers (25/25) and i'm seeing the same problem...but mine drops to 500K-1M down/25M up...it's horrible.

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

its good to know atleast im not alone..they should sitll make an official statment with so many subscribers having the same issue ridiclous

0 Likes
iamloco724
Contributor - Level 1

will they ever fix this?

0 Likes