Re: Speed Match not working
kennystultz1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Technician Number Two came out yesterday and swapped out the ONT box.  It's the same model, just a new one.  It made no difference.  Upload speed is still slow.

I was supposed to hear today when Technician Number Three is going to come out, but I heard nothing.  I'm getting a bad feeling about this.  I guess I'll have to hound them tomorrow to find out what's going on.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@kennystultz wrote:

The only thing I see on the box that looks like it might a model number is "SFH ONT 612A".

FWIW, a technician was out on Thursday and spent a couple of hours here and couldn't get the problem resolved.  He plugged his laptop directly into the ONT box and still got slow upload speed.  At that point, he got on the phone and called into his office and was told there was a bad POM card somewhere that needed to be replaced.  That replacement happeded Friday, but it didn't solve the problem.  Verizon called to check with me (to their credit) to see if the situation was resolved and when I told them it wasn't, they scheduled another technician to come out tomorrow.  This is turning out to be quite an adventure.

The top speed of the 612 ONT is 75/75. The tech needs to test directly from the ONT with a laptop.

0 Likes
kennystultz1
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Telcoguru wrote:

@kennystultz wrote:

The only thing I see on the box that looks like it might a model number is "SFH ONT 612A".

FWIW, a technician was out on Thursday and spent a couple of hours here and couldn't get the problem resolved.  He plugged his laptop directly into the ONT box and still got slow upload speed.  At that point, he got on the phone and called into his office and was told there was a bad POM card somewhere that needed to be replaced.  That replacement happeded Friday, but it didn't solve the problem.  Verizon called to check with me (to their credit) to see if the situation was resolved and when I told them it wasn't, they scheduled another technician to come out tomorrow.  This is turning out to be quite an adventure.

The top speed of the 612 ONT is 75/75. The tech needs to test directly from the ONT with a laptop.

The first Tech that came out did just that and got the same slow upload speed at the box.  The second Tech changed out the ONT box, but didn't have a laptop with him to test at the box.  He told me that some one would be out yesterday between 8 and 12 to do that and nobody showed up.  I put a call into the local service manager yesterday afternoon to ask when someone's going to bring out a laptop and test at the box but so far he hasn't responded back to me.

If anyone at Verizon is reading this and can help me get the new box tested, I'd sure appreciate it.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It is either a provisioning issue or a problem with the equipment in the central office since the tech got the same slow speeds at the ONT.

0 Likes
kennystultz1
Enthusiast - Level 1

That makes sense.  I wonder how trouble it is to fix because I don't understand why the service manager is stonewalling me.  It's really ticking me off that the service manager won't return my calls.

Again, if anyone at Verizon is reading this and can help out I'd really appreciate it.  I'm at a loss on how to proceed.  Seriously, who do I call next?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kennystultz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.