Re: Splitting for Cable Box and Router
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@eljefe wrote:

It sounds to me like the OP has a DCT700 in the location where he's trying to get the router to work so he won't have VOD or widgets there, and unless I misunderstood, he's already tried both taps on the splitter. 

You're probably right.  When the OP wrote "small TV box", I didn't think about the DCT-700.

If that is the case, he won't be able to test MOCA connectivity using the DCT-700.

In any case, my original suggestion to check the rating on the splitter stands.

An 850Mhz splitter won't affect the DCT-700, but would block MOCA signals to/from the router.

0 Likes
Re: Splitting for Cable Box and Router
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@Anti-Phish wrote:

@eljefe wrote:

It sounds to me like the OP has a DCT700 in the location where he's trying to get the router to work so he won't have VOD or widgets there, and unless I misunderstood, he's already tried both taps on the splitter. 

You're probably right.  When the OP wrote "small TV box", I didn't think about the DCT-700.

If that is the case, he won't be able to test MOCA connectivity using the DCT-700.

In any case, my original suggestion to check the rating on the splitter stands.

An 850Mhz splitter won't affect the DCT-700, but would block MOCA signals to/from the router.

You're right, of course.  I assumed that if a Verizon tech gave the OP the splitter in question it would be OK to use. 

I hope  the OP will find a solution and come back and tell us what it was.

0 Likes