Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Splitting for Cable Box and Router

Anti-Phish
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: Splitting for Cable Box and Router

Message 11 of 12
(1,546 Views)

@eljefe wrote:

It sounds to me like the OP has a DCT700 in the location where he's trying to get the router to work so he won't have VOD or widgets there, and unless I misunderstood, he's already tried both taps on the splitter. 

You're probably right.  When the OP wrote "small TV box", I didn't think about the DCT-700.

If that is the case, he won't be able to test MOCA connectivity using the DCT-700.

In any case, my original suggestion to check the rating on the splitter stands.

An 850Mhz splitter won't affect the DCT-700, but would block MOCA signals to/from the router.

eljefe
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Splitting for Cable Box and Router

Message 12 of 12
(1,541 Views)

@Anti-Phish wrote:

@eljefe wrote:

It sounds to me like the OP has a DCT700 in the location where he's trying to get the router to work so he won't have VOD or widgets there, and unless I misunderstood, he's already tried both taps on the splitter. 

You're probably right.  When the OP wrote "small TV box", I didn't think about the DCT-700.

If that is the case, he won't be able to test MOCA connectivity using the DCT-700.

In any case, my original suggestion to check the rating on the splitter stands.

An 850Mhz splitter won't affect the DCT-700, but would block MOCA signals to/from the router.

You're right, of course.  I assumed that if a Verizon tech gave the OP the splitter in question it would be OK to use. 

I hope  the OP will find a solution and come back and tell us what it was.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title