Re: SSL VPN not working
neojag

I am having the same issue.  I had FIOS installed in October and have been having problems since then.  I've tried all of the solutions above, aside from the Ethernet Cable from the outside box. 

I'm not sure I understand why it would matter if its a cable connection or an ethernet connection.

0 Likes
brajchel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will run my own cat5e since the box is not locked and post results tomorrow. I don't feel like paying for something that is not my fault. And you are right what is the difference other then some genius engineer made that choice programming the router.

0 Likes
CraigF
I tried one last time to get help from VZ support only to be told in not so many words that if I need to have a vpn connection to stop using fios.  When I asked to talk to a supervisor was put on hold and after about 10 minutes told a supervisor would call me back in less than an hour.  3 days later I'm still waiting for that call.  Good thing I didn't hold my breath.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

I have seen this work countless times......for some reason there is a problem connecting to VPN's through coax....when switched to ethernet works like a champ.....If you wish to run your own ethernet we can make a few changes for you and enable the ethernet port on the ONT for you.

Pyao
Contributor - Level 1

I also have FIOS TV, won't I lose the the guide information for the TV?   Or just Video On Demand?

0 Likes
brajchel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got a cat5e cable between the router and the Motorola unit outside of the house. Called Verizon to change their settings and allow my  Ethernet port to get an IP from their dhcp system. The tech had to wait for a network engineer to tell him what to do! First they suggested to reset the router which didn't change anything. Unfortunately it was taking longer then 40 min and I had to leave. Came back home two hours later and it still doesn't work. I wish this process wasn't so painful.

Techman28 please make it work 🙂  

Message Edited by brajchel on 01-14-2009 05:52 PM
Message Edited by brajchel on 01-14-2009 05:52 PM
0 Likes
neojag

Techman 28, can both connections remain active (ethernet and coax) so no functions are lost for FIOS TV?

0 Likes
Brennoko
Contributor - Level 1
You don't need both connections active at once because as long as the router is connected to the coax splitter the boxes will get the connection for the guide and VOD. All that needs to change physically is an ethernet needs to be run from the ONT to the router.
0 Likes
Pyao
Contributor - Level 1

Do you know if I can achieve the same desired "fix" if I hook up Motorola NIM100 Cable Modem Router  before the ActionTec router?

Or if the revision E of the ActionTec router fixes the VPN issue?

0 Likes
brajchel
Enthusiast - Level 2
I made the Ethernet connection between the router and ONT and it still won't work. It won't get the IP from a DHCP server. I also tried to clone the coax mac to the wan port and it still didn't work. I guess the Ethernet port on the ONT is not working or not enabled.
0 Likes