Re: SSL VPN not working
Pyao
Contributor - Level 1
Did you call Verizon to have the Ethernet port on the ONT activated?    If you have coaxial provision before only one type is activated at a given time.    You cannot switch it yourself like that.   Please let me know if your VPN works once you have Verizon enable the Ethernet port on the ONT (which you would be able to get the IP).
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Personally I don't believe that changing from coax to Ethernet is going to fix his problem. Either Verizon is blocking the port he needs or it is a setting on the ActionTec router itself. The only way Ethernet is going to fix this is if he buys his own router to replace the ActionTec and we don't even know if that is going to work as of yet.
0 Likes
brajchel
Enthusiast - Level 2
Tried all of that already! Not working!!!
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Brajchel,

I see your ticket in the system I'm gonna get this resolved for you.

brajchel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks,

One beer on me!

0 Likes
neojag
Let us know how it turns out. I really need to get this resolved as well.
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

ok I've had everything rebuilt for you when I found it the ethernet port was not activate I have activated the port broke your DHCP lease you may need to reboot the router and should be good to go.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

@Telcoguru wrote:
Personally I don't believe that changing from coax to Ethernet is going to fix his problem. Either Verizon is blocking the port he needs or it is a setting on the ActionTec router itself. The only way Ethernet is going to fix this is if he buys his own router to replace the ActionTec and we don't even know if that is going to work as of yet.
I use to be in the same boat until I actualy switched a customer to ethernet. The customer will need to run the ethernet from ONT to the router or pay Verizon to do that. For some reason VPN's don't like coax. I've done this now 6 times total and has worked. Actiontec suggests the exact same thing move customer from coax to ethernet. I thought at the time they were nuts. Sometimes we just need to believe 🙂
Pyao
Contributor - Level 1

Do you know if anyone has gotten their VPN to work by OTN ---coax---> NIM100 ---Ethernet--> ActionTec ?

Or does it have to be OTN ---Ethernet--> ActionTec?

0 Likes
brajchel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Techman28,

Thanks for making those changes for me:) Ethernet is working, but I still have the same problem. I allowed all ports to be open Any --> Any for my windows box just to see what shows up in log. This is what I got. 

Jan 15 19:49:56 2009 Inbound Traffic Blocked - Illegal packet options TCP Fragment 66.97.xxx.xxx->173.70.35.80 offset: 1456 on ixp0 [repeated 5 times, last time on Jan 15 19:50:04 2009]

Jan 15 19:49:56 2009 Outbound Traffic Accepted - Default policy TCP 192.168.1.2:49913->66.97.xxx.xxx:443 on ixp0

66.97.xxx.xxx is my work ip address for the vpn (vpn.myworkdomain.org) which should redirect to https://vpn.myworkdomain.org and present me with a login screen. But whether I try HTTPS directly or use http nothing happens. All I can see is those two errors.

Thanks for help.

Bart

0 Likes