Starting Service Earlier Incurs Setup Fee??
d_pham

I recently placed an order for Fios 50/50 internet only service for the apartment I'm moving into tomorrow. I currently have a technician scheduled for 7/19/17 but I'm moving in tomorrow and starting work very soon after. I figured this is non-issue since the previous tenants had Verizon as well so the apartment would be pre-wired and I could just do a self install and save Verizon some money since the tech visit would have been free anyways (as per the Verizon website offer: standard setup charge is waived ($90 value).

However, in getting the service to be activated earlier on 7/9/17, a $90 SETUP FEE is incurred but this doesn't make sense since as stated on the website, the setup charge should be waived!! How come the tech visit is waived but when I forgo the tech visit SAVING Verizon money, I end up getting a $90 setup fee charge?? This is absolutely ridiculous!! I've spent almost 10 hours trying to get this issue resolved I've talked to at least 5 reps both through chat and phone and they can't figure out what the heck is causing the issue. 

My family has been a Verizon customer for a long time, both wireless and residential, so when it came time for me to start a new service I thought Verizon Fios would be the way to go. This abhorrent process has begun to make me reconsider.

0 Likes
Re: Starting Service Earlier Incurs Setup Fee??
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi d_pham,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Support Case #839676 Suddenly Ignored????
d_pham

I had a support case open in regards to my Fios Internet but all of a sudden it has been marked closed and all my other responses have been ignored. It has been 4 days since I've posted a response on my thread stating that the issue has not been resolved yet I've been ignored. I know I am being ignored because I was receiving multiple responses a day up until 4 days ago when it all stopped.

0 Likes
Re: Support Case #839676 Suddenly Ignored????
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi d_pham,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes