Starz Play
nsymonds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can't install.  Get message "Upgrade Adobe Flash player to version 9.0.115 or higher";  I have version 10,0,32,18 installed.  Using Vista on an HP Pavilion DV4.  Set-up launcher is product version 2.2.43.17 dated 8/31/08.

Help please!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Starz Play
nsymonds
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found the problem and the fix.  The installer only understands one digit for the version number, so V10 is interpreted as V1.  I installed V9 of Flash player, and then I was able to install Starz Play.  After I installed, it did a automatic update, and then would recognize V10.  I probably have a old installer.  Pity Verizon could not tell me that, though, it would have saved a lot of time and a lot of cursing.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 While I do not use Starz Play, I can try to help you...

#2 If you install this Starz Play with your web browser, what is the name and version of your web browser?

As I wait for that answer, I can give to you a clue/hint in the right direction.

When I go to Youtube, I get an error that says

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

So, I add youtube.com and ytimg.com to NoScript's temporary list of sites that can run JavaScipt.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722

http://noscript.net/features

After I do that and refresh the page, it works fine..

0 Likes
nsymonds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Firefox 3.5.3, but i don't have Noscript.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Any Addons at all, if not one is NoScript?

#2 If so, what are they?

#3 Go to Tools -> Options -> Content Tab.

#4 Is Java and JavaScirpt enabled?

0 Likes
nsymonds
Enthusiast - Level 2

#1 CoolPreviews

#4 Yes and yes

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
nsymonds
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found the problem and the fix.  The installer only understands one digit for the version number, so V10 is interpreted as V1.  I installed V9 of Flash player, and then I was able to install Starz Play.  After I installed, it did a automatic update, and then would recognize V10.  I probably have a old installer.  Pity Verizon could not tell me that, though, it would have saved a lot of time and a lot of cursing.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Interesting.

Please do not forget to mark your own last post as solved.

0 Likes