Streaming Netfilx/Pandora on Samsung Blu-Ray player
patfrederic
I received a Samsung BluRay player at Christmas (BD-P2550) and cant seem to get an internet connection established through the ActionTec router.  I can see the player from the router and can ping it but when I try to connect to either the Netflix or Pandora servers all I get from the bluray player is "Network connection failed" errors.  The bluray player is using DHCP.  Has anyone tried this before?
0 Likes
Re: Streaming Netfilx/Pandora on Samsung Blu-Ray player
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

Hmmm...I've never had any devices like that...only thing I can think of is enabling uPnP in the router maybe?  Try logging into the router and goto the advanced section, look for Universal Plug and Play -- enable all that stuff and give it a shot.  Only idea I have with that, unless it needs some sort of port forwarding.  Unfortunately I have little to no experience with getting a device like that online unless it is a gaming system.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Re: Streaming Netfilx/Pandora on Samsung Blu-Ray player
Piranha

I have the BD-P1600 and the Westell router, but I would think it would be the same setup. I don't configure anything on the router.

I started Pandora from the menu on the BD player, it told me to go to www.pandora.com/samsung and enter the code that was on the screen.

I already had an account, so I entered my info.

I did that first, then went to the tv and clicked ok on the screen.

It went back to the main menu, I chose Pandora again, and  it started working.

Listening to tunes now as I type.

Haven't tried Netflix, as I don't have an account. Not sure when I want to use that 30 days free trial.

Edit: I looked at my network settings in the bd player

DHCP - ON

DNS - AUTO

everything else is greyed out.

I haven't touched any of the network settings since I pulled it out of the box.

What if you DMZ your player in your router? To see if there is something blocking it?

Message Edited by Piranha on 04-15-2009 07:30 PM
0 Likes