Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

sub-accounts

pmemre
Contributor
Contributor

sub-accounts

Message 1 of 9
(11,674 Views)

I am a new FIOS user and I am trying to set up sub-sccounts.  In my account where I should be able to set up sub-accounts, and I reading  "Your current account type doesn't allow you to create sub-accounts".  I though with FIOS I could set up 8 accounts.

8 REPLIES 8
VZ_Christian
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: sub-accounts

Message 2 of 9
(11,649 Views)

@pmemre wrote:

I am a new FIOS user and I am trying to set up sub-sccounts.  In my account where I should be able to set up sub-accounts, and I reading  "Your current account type doesn't allow you to create sub-accounts".  I though with FIOS I could set up 8 accounts.

pmemre,

Hey there!  For the record, as a FiOS customer you are entitled to 8 sub-account indeed.  These sub-accounts can only be created/modified/deleted by the primary account.  So make sure that is what you are logged in as.

Here is some more info regarding sub-accounts.

If you would like me to further investigate this issue, please send me a PM.

Regards,

Chris

Christian
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

pmemre
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 9
(11,646 Views)

I think that I am logged on as primary account because that is the only email that I have been able to set up.  It still shows that my account doesn't allow me to create sub-accounts.

Should my verizon Central and Email user name be the same as my Verizon.com account user name?

When I was signed in on Verizon.com and was setting up my Verizon.net account, it would not let me use the user name as my new email address.

somegirl
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Message 4 of 9
(11,638 Views)

This is a known issue with some newer accounts. Contact tech support and have them do a disable/enable on your account. This will reset your account and allow you to create subs.

Contact options available on the Contact Us page.

Hope this helps!

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
VZ_Christian
Employee Emeritus

Message 5 of 9
(11,629 Views)

@somegirl wrote:

This is a known issue with some newer accounts. Contact tech support and have them do a disable/enable on your account. This will reset your account and allow you to create subs.

pmemre,

That won't be necessary as I can take care of it for you.  I'm going to send you a PM w/a link to a form to fill out.  Let me know once filled out and I will look into it for you.

- Chris

Christian
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

jlshome
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 9
(11,397 Views)

Can you fix mine as well?  Same issue. New FIOS user - unable to set up sub-accounts. States I need to upgrade my service.

VZ_Christian
Employee Emeritus

Message 7 of 9
(11,394 Views)

@jlshome wrote:

Can you fix mine as well?  Same issue. New FIOS user - unable to set up sub-accounts. States I need to upgrade my service.

Try now.  LMK

Christian
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

mpasquantoniosr
Contributor
Contributor

Message 8 of 9
(11,285 Views)

Can you fix mine as well also.  I am a new FIOS user and I am having the same issues with the adding of subaccounts.  Says I have used all available sub accounts.  I have tried everything.  Thanks.

wwalter2718
Contributor
Contributor

Message 9 of 9
(11,120 Views)

Can I join the long line of new FiOS users that need the special fix for sub-accounts?  Thanks, if so!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title