Support for Safari ??????
mhipsman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why won't Verizon support Safari Browsers??????

It is a real pain to keep 2 browsers running just so i can see the Verizon home page

Re: Support for Safari ??????
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Quoting from http://www22.verizon.com/about/privacy/browser/

Browser Policy Statement
Verizon recognizes the diverse operating systems and Internet browsers our visitors may be using. While we want every visitor to have the best possible experience on our Web site, we recognize that it is impossible to develop applications that work identically, efficiently, and effectively with all browsers.

verizon.com supports Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7.x and up, as well as Mozilla Firefox™ 7.x and up, and Chrome 15.x and up on the PC. We also support Safari 5.x and up on the Macintosh®.

For optimal viewing, please set your screen resolution to at least 1024x768 and have JavaScript enabled.

Updated January 2012

#1 Are you using at least using Safari version 5 and up?

#2 Is this on a Macintosh® or this on a PC?

mhipsman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using Safari 5.1.1

But i'm on windows 7

if Verizon can support safari on a mac

why cant they do windows?

Justin46
Legend

@mhipsman wrote:

I am using Safari 5.1.1

But i'm on windows 7

if Verizon can support safari on a mac

why cant they do windows?

Are you saying it doesn't work? Or are you just worried about the text that appears at the top of the screen saying you are using an unsupported browser?

I used an older version of Firefox for a long time, got that little message on every page but everything worked just fine the whole time.For reasons unrelated to Verizon websites I recently upgraded my Firefox to a more current version so I don't see the message any longer.

I have Safari installed on my Windows 7 system, version 5.1.2, I get the unsupported message at the top when I go to My Verizon, but all works just fine as far as I can see. I logged in, looked at my account balance and started the payment process (not due yet so didn't complete the payment process), viewed my phone calls, looked at my DVR recordings, looked at the news, etc. So based on that limited test I think it should work just fine.

Edit: I am editing this post on Safari just to see if it works. And it appears to.

Keller, TX 76248

ritchings
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use Safari 6.2 on the Mac, and cannot sign in to Verizon at all. The Processing... page appears after I enter my password, and there I stay forever.

0 Likes