System outage?
Karnage68
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a way to check for a system outage in my area?  I haven't had any service since yesterday morning.  And before you ask, yes I rebooted the router several times as well as the PC.  I have also tested the connection with two laptops (both wired and wirelessly) and the PS3.  My system will retrieve e-mail extremely slowly and it won't open any webpages at all.  Yet it shows as connected and receiving and sending data.

Also, your forum set up is not very intuitive.  I log into Verizon's system already... but I am required to log into the forum separately?  And if you already have my e-mail address on file I can't log in... but there is no "forgot password / login" link on your page?  I had to create a new account using my work e-mail address.

Re: System outage?
Peter_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Karnage68,

I am sorry you are having internet issues, I believe I found your account info and everything seems ok. One way to check if your internet service is up or down is to check your widgets on your cable box, they use your internet connection. Please PM me your good contact information and we can take a deeper look.

Thanks,

Peter C.

Re: System outage?
Karnage68
Enthusiast - Level 1
Spoiler

I will check my system when I get home.  Who knows... maybe I am back online.  If not, I will try a widget.  After that I guess I call tech support.