system restore on pc internet not connecting
gwenb

My computer forced me into a system restore and once restored it was prior to Fios being installed.  Now I can not connect...any ideas???

0 Likes
Re: system restore on pc internet not connecting
prisaz
Legend

@gwenb wrote:

My computer forced me into a system restore and once restored it was prior to Fios being installed.  Now I can not connect...any ideas???

What operating system are you running?

Check your computer's device manager and make sure the drivers for your network interface were loaded properly.

0 Likes
Re: system restore on pc internet not connecting
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@gwenb wrote:

There is nothing in a FIOS connection that would be affected by a system restore. 

It sound like your machine is missing the correct device drivers for your NIC.  You'll need to go into your bios or device manager to find what NIC you have and then use another machine, that has an internet connection to, to download the correct driver.

How far back did you run the system restore from?  There should be no way that there is a system backup on your machine that doesn't have the correct NIVC drivers in it.

0 Likes