tally printer and m1424wr
tankdog
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it possible to hook my printer to the router and if so where on the router do I plug the cat5 cable into.The tally t9114 printer

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: tally printer and m1424wr
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
According to the info at

http://www.tallyprinteroutlet.com/laser_printers_T9114.asp

For the T9114i can have an "Optional" 10/100Base-T Ethernet Interface. By "Optional" this means it may not have it.

For the T9114n, it has a 10/100Base-T Ethernet Interface.

--

If your printer has that, then connecting it to one of 10/100Base-T Ethernet Interfaces of the LAN m1424wr.

If it does not on the other hand, OR you have no idea of what I mean by "10/100Base-T Ethernet Interface" - please post.

--
So, with your existing equipment: Perhaps, you can. This will depend on which one you have and any Optional equipment.

[EDIT] Based upon you said, it sounds like your printer has a 10/100Base-T Ethernet Interface.

But I have no idea of how many LAN 10/100Base-T Ethernet Interface(s) your m1424wr has, or what else is connected to it.

Message Edited by dslr595148 on 12-31-2008 12:11 PM
0 Likes
tankdog
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hi thanks for responding. the tally has the optional ethernet.The m1424wr has three (3) computers wired to it.Presently the printer is usb to my computer.I would like to plug it in to the m1424 so I wont have to turn on my computer to use the printer from the other computers. thanks
0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3
you would plug the ethernet cable from your printer into the unused LAN port on the router.   The router would (if you are using default settings on your router) then assign a network adddress to your printer IF your printer is capable of receiving one. The issue become being able to manage your printer connected to the router, from a PC not connected to the printer.   takes investigation
0 Likes