Technician Appointment stopped at the last minute, Service then delayed 1 Week.
VinceNG

I am hugely disappointed in how Verizon handled my scheduled appointment to have an ONT box fixed after having no fios internet/phone/tv service for 4 days in the Northern Virginia area. They then cancelled it on the day of said appointment (today) and will be delaying the service for another week.

During a short power outage on a Thursday night (July 30) the internet, phone and tv services went out despite the electricity coming back on. I called Verizon Support the next morning and was put on hold for over 30 minutes only to have the CSR give/hang up on me. He said "I am going to run some tests", put me on hold, spoke about more "tests", hung up and did not call back despite me providing my 2 mobile phone numbers.

I called back again and waited another 20 minutes to speak to a different CSR who was clear and more professional. He diagnosed the issue and determined the ONT and BBU likely needed to be replaced and scheduled for a technician to come on Monday 8am-12pm August 3rd. Keep in mind that is 4 days without internet.

I am a software engineer and university student who needs to use internet for school and work/business that cannot wait weeks or even days on end. However, the CSR promised that this was the earliest time he could schedule and reassured me the technicians would be there. I understood, and I patiently waited.

Its Monday morning 8:30am, I get a ticket confirmation reminder via phone that the technician will be there 8am-12pm. So I planned to take off work during this time.

10:00am
I get a automated call saying that the technician appointment has been cancelled and rescheduled to Thursday Aug. 6! No email, no voicemail reminder, no explanation, just a machine call... I am confused, believe this to be a mistake and call support, which takes 15 minutes to reach a CSR.

10:20am
CSR responds and tries to see if he can get answers as to why dispatch has made such a long delay last minute. Dispatch puts him on hold for over 15 minutes.

It is worth noting that during this time CSR was noticeably frustrated with the slow response time of the dispatcher and problems with the scheduling system, and for some reason insisted on sharing this with me, perhaps mistakenly assuming the excuse could be used as justification. As a responsible and paying customer, I am not interested in Verizon’s internal failures. I am interested in timely, responsible communication and action, especially when scheduled/promised in advance.

The CSR said there was nothing he could do even after trying to find an available technician through a dispatch scheduler. He ran some more failed tests on my ONT, and offered his sympathies as well as a callback if anything changes. I did appreciate his help and thanked him.

Appalling and Unprofessional. Should I even expect the Verizon technician arrive at all on Thursday Aug. 6 or to arrive at an unexpectedly out of the timeframe like many others have experienced here online?

I feel it is my duty to inform Verizon and as many customers I can so that problems like can be quickly solved in the future. I expect Verizon to take this and other complaints into serious consideration and make corrections to permanently amend and improve the situation. It is a minimum to expect positive and clear communication in CSRs as well as professionalism and coordination from technical services.

I will send this through all avenues of communication with Verizon: mail, online forum, and the Better Business Bureau until a positive response is received from the other end.

0 Likes
Re: Technician Appointment stopped at the last minute, Service then delayed 1 Week.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi VinceNG,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes