Re: Technician Multiple No Show
Ongba
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the suggestion.  I checked it and as far as I can tell, the fiber doesn’t appear to be unplugged from the ONT.

0 Likes
Ongba
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you.  I have contacted verizon executive relations via the link you provided.  Hopefully they can help resolve this as regular support channels (chat, phone calls) have so far been unsuccessful.  Happy New Year to you as well!

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can check the fiber connection too. If you are not familiar with the SC-APC connector, I would not suggest you to try that for two reasons. 1) You may break the equipment, which are owned by Verizon. 2) The electromagnetic radiation in the fiber is 1490nm for downstream, 1310nm for upstream, and 1550nm for TV video. These are near-infrared wavelengths, which cannot be seen by naked eyes.  Despite it is rated at class 1 laser, staring at the beam unintentionally can damage the retina.

Ongba
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for your suggestion but that is way beyond my expertise or comfort level!

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

In addition to executive relations, the moderator did escalate your issue to the social media support team.  You'll have a private message with instructions in this forum.  The social media support team is often better than the front line chat & phone people.  You may want to give them a try, too.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am just thinking about optical fiber is not totally unrelated to radiology.

I am thinking about X-ray tubes used in CT machines. Cathode filament is heated to expel electrons. The electrons struck the anode and release ionizing radiation. This is kind of a reverse version of the photoelectric effect.

On the other hand, lasers in OLTs and ONTs are generated by diodes. The electrons go through the P-N junctions and emit NIR radiations.

I guess lots of things are interconnected.

Ongba
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you. I have not received a private message yet but it is a holiday weekend. I’ll also try social media support team via Twitter.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Social media support team and DSLreports support team is the same support team on this Forum. They work normally during holidays.

The phone support is still 8am to 11pm today. But, that should be your last resort.

Ongba
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks to all who responded.  Verizon support reached out to me on dslreports.com.  They aren’t sure what was the cause for the 3 missed appointments in succession but have rescheduled another appointment for next Thursday.  Hopefully the technician will arrive this time.  Happy New Year!

0 Likes
Ongba
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Cang_Household,

I was rereading your explanation regarding layer 1 and layer 2 disconnection.  Does this mean that the issue is outside of my home where the ont terminal box is located and has nothing to do with the wiring inside my home? Thank you.

0 Likes