Technician Multiple No Show
Ongba
Enthusiast - Level 3

I lost all Fios services (internet, tv, and phone) on 12/24/20.  I went to online chat and the tech support representative tried to reboot my ont terminal several times without success.  He issued a ticket and scheduled an appointment for 12/29/20 10:30 am-12:30 pm for a tech to come out and inspect my ont terminal.  The tech never showed up.  I went online again and a customer service agent scheduled a second appointment for 12/30/20 8 am-12 pm and again the tech did not show up.  I called and spoke with another  customer support agent who scheduled a third appointment for 12/31/20 1 pm-3 pm. I asked for confirmation that the tech would arrive as I didn’t want the same outcome as the first two appointments. The customer service agent stated that she spoke with the dispatch supervisor and the supervisor stated that the tech would not miss the third appointment.  However,  the tech did not show up again. On each occasion, I received automated texts in the morning on my smart phone reminding me of the scheduled appointments but no one ever showed. Is this a common occurrence for technicians to not show for multiple appointments without further communication/updates? Does the online community have any additional suggestions as I’m uncertain what to do next.  I am a radiologist who interprets a significant amount of cases from home and needs High speed internet in order to do so.  Many thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Technician Multiple No Show
Ongba
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks to all who responded with helpful comments and suggestions.  The technician arrived and replaced the ONT which had shorted out.  He also replaced removed the battery backup unit and installed a new power source.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking mostly to other customers here.

The forum moderators might connect you to Verizon's social media support team.  If you don't want to wait to see if that happens, you can tweet them @verizonsupport or pop over to https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect and post there.  All of these methods will get you to the same team; choose based on your communication preference.  The social media support team can be very helpful.

Since you've had an issue that support isn't doing well resolving, it might be time to contact Verizon Executive relations.  They only get involved when normal support channels aren't working.  You can reach them here:
https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/leader/contact/916673

Good luck and Happy New Year!

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry for the inconvenience. You can direct message the support team on DSLreports and Twitter.

@Ongba wrote:

I am a radiologist who interprets a significant amount of cases from home and needs High speed internet in order to do so.  Many thanks.

Since you are doing business that would be normally done in a commercial setting, it is recommended for you to have Internet redundancy like a business would. In case Verizon connection is down, the second connection would be kicked right in. The same logic goes for battery banks and generators at a healthcare facility.

I can diagnose issue for you as well right now. What lights are shown green on your ONT? Make sure the NTWK and MGMT lights are green. If they are green yet you still don't have service, the issue may not be at your home, but rather in the upstream. Upstream troubleshooting requires more efforts and patience, unfortunately.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'll also add that some of us users may be able to help.  To start, do you know where your ONT is?  Can you check the status lights on it and report back? That will give us a clue if the problem is on Verizon's side or in your home.  The more details you can provide, the better.  Pictures are great, too!

If all the lights are out, double check the power supply is plugged into an active outlet.  Make sure the circuit breaker hasn't tripped.

Ongba
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your reply.  I have green lights on power and Ethernet only.  Solid orange on moca.  No lights on any others.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ongba

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thank you. Your situation is indicative of layer 1 and 2 disconnection from Verizon network. The incoming fiber from Verizon may be broken. Unfortunately, it will take a tech visit and several days of waiting.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

As Cang_Household noted, the lights indicate a complete disconnect from Verizon's network.  The only other thing you can check yourself is to make sure the fiber didn't get unplugged from the ONT.  This may be as simple as re-seating the fiber; but I doubt it.  Still, worth checking since you've been out of service for days.

Ongba
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you give me a brief explanation of layer 1 and 2 disconnection? Thank you for your reply.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Layer 1 disconnection means the physical connection medium from your ONT to Verizon's OLT located in a regional distribution center is broken. Fios uses fiber optics cable. The fiber may be broken between the ONT and the OLT. This is indicated by an unlit NTWK light on the ONT.

Layer 2 disconnection means the data link between your ONT and the Verizon's OLT is broken. Layer 2 connection requires layer 1 connection. No layer 1 connection means all higher layers of connection cannot be established. Layer 2 disconnection is indicated by an unlit MGMT light on the ONT.