Termination Fee when moving out of Coverage Area
thedistance21
Enthusiast - Level 1

.I'm moving to an area in southern new jersey that doesnt have fios coverage...even though the fios website says it does....

I was actually told by the sales rep when I signed up for fios service that as long as I moved out of verizon's coverage area that there would not be any termination fees. He even went as far as saying, if somoene doenst waive it for you call back and get someone else and eventually some one will. I wasnt aware that the non contract price was only 5-10 dollars more a month, and the rep never gave me a non contract option so I was led to believe I was stuck doing a contract.

Is there anything we can do about the term fee...I actually got a call from someone in the "save departent" or something named similar who said they couldnt waive the fee. I asked to speak with their supervisor and he told me he was as high as there was....I may have been wrong to ask if he was in fact the CEO then but I was reaching my boiling point after being on the phone for almost 3 hours. He said all he could do is give me an address where I could send a letter to complain.

0 Likes
Re: Termination Fee when moving out of Coverage Area
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

I wish the sales reps would stop telling customers the wrong information. It is in the terms of service that there is an ETF if you end service before the end of your contract, it applies to your current address only. Too many customers are just believing these sales people who would say almost anything to make a sale instead of reading the contract for themselves.

Re: Termination Fee when moving out of Coverage Area
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi thedistance21,

You said our web site covers your new address but the phone reps are telling you no.

Would you mind sending me a private message with your new address so I can reach out to engineering for a confirmed yes or no?

~Jess

0 Likes