The WCB 3000N coxial extender is not working correctly with new Quantum Gateway router.
andkath
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has said that the WCB 3000N is not working with the Quantu Gateway router and will refund the purchase.  I still need to find a solution to getting a signal in a hard to reach room.  Any suggetions?  Would establishing an access point by an alternative?  Any suggestions for equipment?  Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The WCB 3000N coxial extender is not working correctly with new Quantum Gateway router.
andkath
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update - Good afternoon.  Thank you for the responses.  It is much appreciated.  After much trial and error and still holding my breath, the extender is working.  I did the following:  1.  Changed the radio channel from automatic to 6 on the G1100; and 2.  Changed the radio channel on the WCB 3000N from automatic to 1.   After three days the internet is working great and in all rooms.  Let's hope the networks remain stable.  Again, thanks for the support.

View solution in original post

Re: The WCB 3000N coxial extender is not working correctly with new Quantum Gateway router.
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@andkath wrote:

Verizon has said that the WCB 3000N is not working with the Quantu Gateway router and will refund the purchase.  I still need to find a solution to getting a signal in a hard to reach room.  Any suggetions?  Would establishing an access point by an alternative?  Any suggestions for equipment?  Thank you

You need to update the firmware on the WECB. Plug the WECB into your router's lan port with no coax connected to the WECB. Log into your router at 192.168.1.1 from the address bar. The user name is admin and the password is on the back of the router. Look for the WECB and write down the IP address. Now log into the WECB using the IP address you just wrote down and use the user name admin and the password is admin. Click on advanced setup on the top right side. Go to firmware update and dowload the new firmware. Make note of where it is installed to. Go to browse and locate the file you just downloaded and start upgrade. Once it is done place the WECB where you had it before and hook the coax back up and let it boot back up. It should now work with the BHR4.

andkath
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much for your assistance.  I followed the instructions; however the choice given under advanced settings for the WCB was "firmware upgrade" which I choose.  The instructions then asked - Firmware upgrade: please select a file to upgrade the firmware.  This is where I ran into trouble.  There was a browse button so I selected a location to download and selected upgrade.  The response was the file chosen was not a valid fie,  Tried various file names and locations with no success. Not sure how to proceed.  I did notice that the current firmware running on my VCB3000N was v0.12vz.28.  When I checked the Actiontec website for this product, it appears that this is the latest version.  I have attached a screen shot. 

Just a thought, could my issues be related to problems with the G1100 Quantum Gateway Router instead of the WCB3000N?  Possibly, the WCB3000N firmware has not been updated for any bugs with the newly released G1100.

Again, thank you for your assistance.  If you can clarify any of the above issues, it would be very much appreciated

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You need to have v0 12vz29 that is the current Verizon version of firmware for the WECB. Do not use the firmware from the Actiontec website.

0 Likes
andkath
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update - Good afternoon.  Thank you for the responses.  It is much appreciated.  After much trial and error and still holding my breath, the extender is working.  I did the following:  1.  Changed the radio channel from automatic to 6 on the G1100; and 2.  Changed the radio channel on the WCB 3000N from automatic to 1.   After three days the internet is working great and in all rooms.  Let's hope the networks remain stable.  Again, thanks for the support.

jcpicard1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have v0.12vz.28.  Where can I get v0.12vz.29?

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@jcpicard wrote:

I currently have v0.12vz.28.  Where can I get v0.12vz.29?

Follow the instructions from a prior post for a manual upgrade.

0 Likes
jcpicard
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have options for Firmware Restore to v0.12vz.26 and Firmware Upgrade where I then map to a local file.  I do not have an option for Firmware Update on my screen, so I don't know where to download the file from.

0 Likes
MattinNJ1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Telcoguru,

Thanks for the info.  I followed your firmware update instructions to the T... and do not have any 'firmware update' options... only 'firmware upgrade'.  The 'upgrade' option then requires you to browse to the already downloaded new firmware.

Do you know where we can directly download the v0 12vz29 firmware so we can save it to a folder and then use the 'upgrade' funtion? 

Eharan
I too need the updated firmware but do not know where to get it from! Can anyone point me to where to download it from?
0 Likes