This is baffling me
scoobydoo732

I'm not a network genius.  I know enough to get around.  Obviously not enough.

My issue at hand is crippling my wireless connectivity for my two HTC devices

Currently I have a wired xbox 360, 2 cable boxes, and HTC Droid DNA, and a HTC THUNDERBOLT.  With an addition of 2 hard wired PC's

Now.  The issue at hand...

My wireless devices work flawlessly with absolutely no drop out.   My xbox works amazingly as well..

That is if none are trying to access the network simultaniously.

If my xbox is off and my DNA is connected via wifi.  My xbox takes forever to boot, and if it does connect.  While listening to other people speak on Live.  Their mics cut in and out.  And more often than not my xbox connection drops eventually..

While this is happening.  The wifi connection on my DNA and or THUNDERBOLT is constantly connecting then reconnection.  20 + times per minute.  

When I disable WIFI on my phones all is well in XBOX land.

Additionally the same occurs if my phone is off and xbox is on first.   When i enable wifi on my phone everything goes nuts.

So.  With 1 computer hard wired.  One xbox hard wired.  And one PHone wireless.  Why can't I get them to work.

I will add. I set my xbox up just now as a static IP.  Prior to even connecting my phone I tested the connect and it was fine.   This is where it gets strange..

In the Main page in my network settings where it shows my networked devices.  What once was named computer..with the same static ip address.  Is now named Android................ 

Some assistance would be amazing.  I've tried searching allover the place online and only have come up with a few threads that don't seem to relate to my issue at all.  This really has become an inconvenience.  I mean seriously...using 4g to look up youtube vids while playing video games.......who does that anymore....LOL

Thank you all in advance.  

0 Likes
Re: This is baffling me
Ian_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

scoobydoo732,

We're sorry for the troubles this has caused you.  I think that it'd be best to start isolating a few things so that we can figure out what's going on.  My first thought is you have an IP address conflict between the devices.  So lets start by isolating the Verizon router.  Do a reset to your router.  Check out this video, it will walk you through it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ2oSa19Lac   

If your devices still continue to conflict after the reset we'll have to take it further and start isolating the other devices.  Let us know how the reset works out for you.  ~Ian

0 Likes
scoobydoo732
Ive done that and it didnt seem to work
0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the delay. There could be a couple things causing this. Does your router have wireless N capability? An easy way to determine this is by seeing if your router has a red band around it.

0 Likes
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

If you have a mix of wireless G and N, you might have a problem.  I don't think the Verizon router is dual band.

Secondly, this does sound like an IP address conflict. I'll assume the Xbox is .2 and the phones are .3 and .4 . Your router config for the DHCP server needs to reserve the address .2 and only hand out address .3 and .4 (and so on).  What is happening is one of the phones is getting in there first and getting .2

I think if you look at that number string after 'Android', it is the MAC of the phone in question. Look under Settings/About phone/Hardware Information and see if that is it.

0 Likes