Tired Of Big Companies
JoeyS1

I was a Fios customer since they offered it in my area, two years ago. I moved on 4/15/17 and started calling Verizon to get my service transferred about two weeks prior. I kept getting told that they were working on getting service to my new home but, because it was new construction, they were waiting on Engineering. Engineering actually came out to my street on 4/18 and said that they were never contacted and there were all kinds of things that needed to take place in order to get me service (the usual **bleep** rhetoric). One of the things that needed to happen was an Easement Agreement needed to be signed and notarized. Did that and brought it directly to the Engineering group, a place that people normally don't even go to and I did that around 4/20. Then they needed one from the builder and for two weeks, they said that they didn't get anything, even though the builder told me that it went out the same day that they got it. I was told that once the agreement was received, the job would be released immediately. Apparently, it takes a First Class letter two weeks to travel about 35 miles, so I guess I should be happy that it wasn't a package.

I got an email on 5/16, stating that the agreement was received, so I asked whst kind of timeframe we were looking at. The response was that they needed to do locates and they were "pushing" for 5/31. I sent four emails asking if there was anything that could be done to speed that up and got zero responses. I called Customer Service and asked again about the status and they had no clueas to what was going on but, there was a delay (apparently no group in that company has any clue what any other group is doing). The rep told me at that time, that it was going to be 6/24 when I was scheduled to get service and I lost it. I spoke to someone that I know at Verizon and he assured me that ince rhe cable was in, I could get a temp line in place immediately. At that point, I started contacting Verizon again and keep getting the same runaround. Every day it's "tomorrow" and today is one more day that they haven't showed up, even though yesterday I was told that it would definitely be today and that it was being escalated. The kicker is that Cox Communications (who I never once rven spoke to or signed anything with, has already bern out here and finished all of their work. So it looks like I'll be switching yo Cox since Verizon doesn't care about the ridiculous money that I was spending with them.

0 Likes
Re: Tired Of Big Companies
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JoeyS,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes