To upgrade from FIOS 50/15 to 75/35, are there any installaation or technician fees?
Ethna

Got blindsided at technician fees for upgrading from DSL to FIOS; don't want same to happen again. Are there any installation or technician fees associated with just upgrading speed from FIOS 50/15 to 75/35? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: To upgrade from FIOS 50/15 to 75/35, are there any installaation or technician fees?
prisaz
Legend

@Ethna wrote:

Got blindsided at technician fees for upgrading from DSL to FIOS; don't want same to happen again. Are there any installation or technician fees associated with just upgrading speed from FIOS 50/15 to 75/35? Thanks.

This is a peer to peer community where customers help customers. Only Verizon can tell you what you would truly be charged. I have never been charged for a speed upgrade, as it always has a higher monthly cost. From 50/20 to 75/35 what I am at, should be a no charge for the upgrade, though it will change your bundle cost.

Tech fees would be charged on an install if you had them do extra work. Like pull more than one cable, or fish cables through the walls, which I believe they will not do, and probably refer you to an electrician. I have also heard of them requiring an install fee or deposit, depending on your credit score at the time. Usually they love to get people on fiber, to not maintain the older copper. Unless you are in a multi dwelling unit. (apartment) Which could complicate things, and limit speeds. Where you would have coax and virtual type of hybrid fios. Fiber to a point in the building and then coax with copper still to the unit. Some buildings have had fiber to each unit with ONT hardware installed.

50/15 sounds like it may be 50/20 you are speaking of. Unless you are in a multi dwelling unit. (apartment) Which could complicate things, and limit speeds.

If you order the upgrade online, and get the confirmation number, and an estimated monthly cost. Most of the time you will see what is next, and a service ready date. If you want it now, and have the order confirmation number and service ready date, you can call tech support and have the order pushed through the same day once it shows on your account, as it is just a central office change on their part. You can have the speed in minutes. Unless you are in a multi dwelling unit. (apartment) Which could complicate things, and limit speeds.

No tech visit.

Now it you wish to go higher than 75/35 it depend on the ONT box they installed and if the system is ready or available for higher speeds.

0 Likes