Re: Traceroutes - First-Tier FIOS support can't see/can't fix
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

AGAIN, this is not a problem.  Its common for these routers to do slow responses often timing out.

0 Likes
cf05

@tns_2 wrote:

AGAIN, this is not a problem.  Its common for these routers to do slow responses often timing out.

You're a tenured forum member and an 'MVP' for your number of posts. I'm surprised to read such a dismissive comment.

Which routers are 'these routers'? Can you be more specific on frequency beyond than 'common'? Into perpetuity? Having a regular timeout at the same hop does cause slow responses and regular timeouts, resulting in packetloss that is causing me significant issues and headache.

Please explain to me how exactly this is not a problem? It may meet a threshold that could be considered satisfactory to some, but the simple fact is that my Comcast connection was more consistent and exhibited dramatically less packetloss. This is not what I signed up for.

0 Likes
seitzbg
Enthusiast - Level 3

@tns_2 wrote:

This is correct, the hops with * * * are not a problem at all.  The hops where you actually have increased latency are also not a problem, unless it carries through past that hop towards your destination.  Packet loss is also bad.  * * * is not a bad traceroute, repeat it a few times 🙂

0 Likes