Trouble Uninstalling In-Home Agent - Any suggestions?
heatherj393

I did uninstall In-Home Agent, however, surprise surprise - apparently it did not uninstall completely and  has lots of activity showing in my firewall process monitoring.  Which is rather interesting considering I no longer have any FIOS services and only have my iPhone 5 with Verizon.

There is a folder left with the executables, but no uninstall and it no longer dsplays under the windows program uninstall.

Tried simply moving the remaining folders to the recycle bin - had to restore them back because that caused havoc with my laptop.

Any suggestions on how to get this intrusive software off my laptop?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Trouble Uninstalling In-Home Agent - Any suggestions?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try re-installing the program if you still have the installer handy, and then using Revo Uninstaller to kill it. You can also clean it out manually, which can be done 

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Alternatively, check msconfig on your computer. Most of the time programs like In-Home agent install services or write start-up entries. You can likely disable the offending services or entries in msconfig, and then remove them completely once you've deleted the files. If you need some more explanation on that, just let me know.

0 Likes