Trying to set up a wired network to connect XBOX
CalKatie

I am a new Mac user and am trying to set up a wired network for my son's XBox.  I bot a router at Office Depot but it clearly isn't compatible with my Mac.  I understand that I should be using a specific router (like one of the ones displayed on Verizon's website).  Anyone have any suggestions?  This shouldn't be so difficult but I am a bit of an idiot when it comes to technology.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Trying to set up a wired network to connect XBOX
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
What is the brand and model of the router that you paid for?
0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

@dslr595148 wrote:
Add to that...if your a Fios user, why can't you use the  lan port from your Verizon supplied router?
0 Likes
Omni-Potent
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Provider7 wrote:

@dslr595148 wrote:
Add to that...if your a Fios user, why can't you use the  lan port from your Verizon supplied router?

I have my son's Xbox plugged in direct to the Verizon supplied router and it works without any extra configuration. I was told I would have to make some changes in port forwarding but it looks like the router did that automatically.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
I have my son's Xbox plugged in direct to the Verizon supplied router and it works without any extra configuration. I was told I would have to make some changes in port forwarding but it looks like the router did that automatically.
-

No kidding, and I know why.

UPnP in the router is turned on in the router.

I found this FAQ, which you may interesting..

DSLR (dslreports.com) All FAQs » Verizon Online FiOS FAQ » 3.1 Actiontec » Actiontec Security considerations

URL: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16142
0 Likes