Two issues chat with Verizon and Netflix
MikeOB

I have been trying to use Verizon chat for the last few days but it is always busy and now I do not even get the option.  Everytime I sign in through my computer to my FIOS account, I have to reset my password.  The other issue is that I have been trying to figure out how to get netflix through my set top.  Netflix told me there should be an app on the verizon set top box, but I do not see it.

0 Likes
Re: Two issues chat with Verizon and Netflix
jonjones1
Legend

@MikeOB wrote:

I have been trying to use Verizon chat for the last few days but it is always busy and now I do not even get the option.  Everytime I sign in through my computer to my FIOS account, I have to reset my password.  The other issue is that I have been trying to figure out how to get netflix through my set top.  Netflix told me there should be an app on the verizon set top box, but I do not see it.

You might be better off calling. 1-800-VERIZON you may also get some assistance 

at the Verizon Direct   https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect or from https://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios?

Good Luck

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is currently no app on FIOS STB that supports Netflix.

Not sure why Netflix told you that.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

There is currently no app on FIOS STB that supports Netflix.

Not sure why Netflix told you that.

I think the original poster is confusing set top box, with app on certain television brands. 

0 Likes
starrin
Contributor - Level 3
Go To Bing or Google ad ask: "Is there a way to make Netflix available to my TV without some separate device?" See if one of the responses will help. Without going into a detailed Q&A with you about your installation, this is probably the best way for you to find a solution that will work with you.
0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi MikeOB:

I presently have Netflix ...works great .

See attachment for my set up.

Also this might be of interest to you 

QIP 7216 STB DVR

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/355534/Motorola-Qip7200.html?page=40#manual

Do not attempt to connect data devices without contacting your service provider.

Advanced data features require the proper application and network infrastructure to operate.

Data Features

In addition to high-quality audio and video, the QIP receiver has the capability to deliver high-speed data services such as Internet access, e-mail, IP telephony, e-commerce, and home banking.

Your QIP receiver may be equipped with the interface connections illustrated, but their functionality depends on the services offered by your service provider

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@starrin wrote:
Go To Bing or Google ad ask: "Is there a way to make Netflix available to my TV without some separate device?" See if one of the responses will help. Without going into a detailed Q&A with you about your installation, this is probably the best way for you to find a solution that will work with you.

There is no need to mess with STB or any other Verizon devices.

Go out and get a ROKU from Walmart, Best Buy, Target etc. the stick is less than $50. Or get a Apple TV device at $145 from the Apple Store (Not necessary) or even a Google Chrome stick at $25 will pick up the wifi signal to the home network. Simply use the login password for your home network wifi.

No need to change anything, no need for convoluted setup schemas. 

The service like netflix must be subscribed to prior to placing on the TV.

Many tv's have Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and Acorn TV as an app within the tv so there would not be a need to buy any external device.