Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Unable to change SSID & router login info?

SOLVED
Art1
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to change SSID & router login info?

Message 1 of 3
(8,174 Views)

Yesterday I had FiOS installed. Sonn after the technician left I decided to change the SSID and login for the Westell 9100EM. Soon after I did that, from the host computer, my laptop could not get a signal. I reseted the router, and tried the process again, to no avail. I ended up reseting the router for one last time, now I am hoping anyone could help me on this issue.

THANKS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Provider7
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Unable to change SSID & router login info?

Message 2 of 3
(8,146 Views)
When you changed the passwoed, could you have turned off the wireless by mistake?  When you search for wireless networks does the laptop see the network at all?   Withthe laoptop.... Is the wireless turned on?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Provider7
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 2 of 3
(8,147 Views)
When you changed the passwoed, could you have turned off the wireless by mistake?  When you search for wireless networks does the laptop see the network at all?   Withthe laoptop.... Is the wireless turned on?
Art1
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 3
(8,127 Views)
Thanks Provider7, I was able to change the SSID and login info sucsessfully. The problem was I simply forgot to change the WEP key on my laptop.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title