unable to see windows media player DLNA server
gary80920

Hello,

I thought it might be a result of my router. But upon further testing it appears to be an issue between the wireless portion of the router and the wired portion of the router. It does this with the old ActionTec with the Silver band as well.

Configuration:

• Sony BlueRay DVD player connected wirelessly
  • HP laptop connected wirelessly runs XP media center
  • XP desktop running SP3 hard wired
  • ActionTec router, one of the new ones as it has the orange band and 1gB LAN ports

Observations

• If the XP system and the Sony are plugged into the ActionTec, the Sony can see the media shared on the XP system.
  • The Sony sees the HP system and shared media without any problems. Both are wirelessly connected.
  • The Sony can ping the XP system.
  • The Sony can view the XP's webserver.
  • If have disabled the firewall on the XP system to no avail.
  • On the ActionTec under the UPnP, I have tried "Publish all WAN connections" to no avail.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: unable to see windows media player DLNA server
Hubrisnxs
Legend

others reported a similiar issue last month.  Maybe you have the same problem and resolution

Actiontec MI424WR DLNA Problems

0 Likes
gary80920

Thanks!

Not sure why that note did not come up in my searches.

The IGMP fix did not solve my problem.

The DHCP fix did resolve the problem. Everyone says that it's temporary. So we'll see.

I'll update the base note with my results.

0 Likes
Columbiaman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am in the same situation.  In fact my router does not even have the disable IGMP proxy solution.  I cannot see DLNA server.  Actiontec tells me that Verizon has remvoed the IGMP proxy option on the MWR I revision routers.  My firm is 4.19.36.

0 Likes