$500 via Verizon e-gift card (sent w/in 8 wks). Activation of 4G LTE/5G phone on 5G Get More plan req’d. Device must remain active for 45 days. $500 charge back if service cancelled w/in 12 mos or eligibility req’s are no longer met. See vzw.com/bring-your-own-device for details.
Two days ago when I tried to access my Windows Mail a pop up box requested my name and password. That had never happened before. And the accounts section would not retain my password. Then on another computer in our house, Outlook Express was exhibiting the same problem. The two computers have different anit virus programs and different operating systems, so it's narrowed down to Verizon's servers. Then yesterday we could no longer receive or send email thru Verizon.net, it tries to connect but disconnects immediately. So, is Verizon having problems with their mail servers? In am in Plano Tx. I called and they got it to work one time the first day, but now nothing. Any help is appreciated.
Message Edited by texastown on 09-19-2008 09:12 AM
Unfortunately I don't have the magic answer for you, but maybe we can make a little progress:
1) I am in Keller, am having absolutely no problem with Verizon email service, using Outlook Express. This is true for two computers.
2) How long have you had FiOS internet service? I mean, are you brand new, or have you had it a long time. Suddenly getting a popup after having service for a long time just seems very, very strange, but having problems in the first few days might be a little easier to understand,
4) When you get the connect failure, is there an error message that you are getting?
5) Probably a silly question, but have or anyone made any changes to your email account definitions in the last couple of days? For example, don't forget that you must have "my server requires authentication" checked to be able to send email using the Verizon server. And you do have "remember my password" checked, right?
6) What servers are you using? I am using incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net?
Way back when, three years ago, when I first got FiOS, I did have a problem that some emails addressed to me would be returned to the sender with the message that I did not exist. It took quite a while to get this fixed, apparently there were some Verizon mail servers where my account was not defined, while it was in others, or something like that. I wonder if sometimes you are maybe being connected to a server that just doesn't know about you, while at other times you connect to one that does.
Sorry I don't really have any help, but who knows, if you can give us more info just perhaps someone here will recognize the symptoms and come up with a fix.
Thanks for your answer. Actually, today in the afternoon it started working again. We have had FIOS for years and nothing changed on our end, that's why it was so odd. I did go in and reenter all the account info and maybe on the second or third try something worked. I still think there might have been a glitch in our connection because it just came and went without any real changes on our part.
Hopefully, it will continue working corrently going forward. Thank you again for all your info, I really appreciate it.